Thread: 35mm Slide Film
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerg View Post
What slide film are people using these days?

I stopped using slide film when Provia 400F was discontinued. I never had great success with Kodak E200 like many others did.

Roger.

Fuji announced that Provia 400f was going to be replaced with Provia 400x early last year I think. It finally became available in about May this year. It is supposed to be even better. I have some in the fridge that I'll try out one day.

I still use slide film in both 35mm and 120 formats. My film of choice (for daylight) was the original ISO50 Velvia until it was discontinued, then I started using Velvia 100, and now the new Velvia 50 has been released I have stocked up on that. I've also used Provia 100F with success.

I take my slide film here in Adelaide - http://www.atkins.com.au/#. They do 2 runs each day, so it's never a long wait to see how the shots turn out.

I scan all my 35mm film on a Konica Minolta Elite 5400II. I cannot reccomend this scanner highly enough. It produces the best results I've seen from any home scanner, even better than anything I've seen from Nikon or Canon! I've made many stunning 20" x 30" prints from this scanner.