View Single Post
Old 08-03-2024, 10:03 AM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
Great ! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am . I love the immediacy of it .
If you the setup wifi connection in Station mode you can monitor and control the Seestar from anywhere in the house and still browse the internet at the same time .

You can get satisfying `views' from the first subs , by adjusting the brightness , contrast and saturation sliders and simply stop stacking when the noise is acceptable and move on as soon as you have a nice image . Star clusters only take a matter of minutes .

The image as displayed saves to your tablet/ phone and the individiual files and the stack ( minus the adjustments you did on the live stacked image display also saves to the Seestar RAM along with the individual frames both in Fits and JPG .

Thanks for that info. I can see that even for such a simple device, I'm gonna need to put on my thinking cap for a bit to get anywhere near the quality of your shots. I've literally never stacked an image in my life. It's been 4 months since I had my 20" dob out in dark skies, and this weekend looks like being a write-off too, so getting something simple for a quick astronomy fix in the back yard is very appealing. Thanks again.