View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
To be honest, not without seeing the laptop. I don't know what version of W10 you're on, what other software you've got running, what changes you've made historically etc. Don't even know the specs of the machine, I'd be sticking my finger in the air and making an uneducated guess.

If someone can look at it for you in person, that's great but probably unnecessary. I've been tinkering in Windows and building PCs for a couple of decades, and I've seen lots of issues caused by the strangest things.

Chalk this one up to a one-off. Let the update do it's thing, then just prepare for next time.

edit: only thing I will say, is do some dry runs now, during the day. Any of your astro software could have updated in the background as well, so make sure everything is working correctly before you go outside and nothing has changed there.
I have always bench tested during daylight hours from day one , but you can’t bench test PHD2 guiding and sending a dither command from APT during the day , this was one event ( spurious) on the weekend that caused the mount to stop tracking and return to home

In regards to bench testing ,I also wrote the installation and operational procedure of telescope control for the latest Ascom version of Stellarium 0.20.3 both with the older EQ6-R mount and new USB2B EQ6-R mount. All bench tested over 2 weeks during the day