View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 05:11 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
A Redcat 71 would be a good match for this mount. Also a William Optics 81mm would be good and a light ZWO or QHY camera.

Greg.
Hi Greg,

In the Highpoint Scientific review I linked earlier it shows the StarAdverturer GTi mount used with a Redcat51 (250mm fL) and Apertura (430mm fL) scopes with a ZWO 294mm and achieving very good unguided and guided results considering those focal lengths equate to an equivalent field of view as that from ~470mm and 800mm focal lengths on Full-Frame. That equates to an image scale of 3.8 arcseconds/pixel (on the 250mm fL) and 2.2 arcseconds/pixel (on the 430mm fL), whilst still producing round stars for respectably long unguided and guided exposures. Very handy for such a mount for travel, etc..

I'm looking forward to getting one of these mounts. For me, compared with the SW AZ-GTi I've used, the best part is that everything on the StarAdverturer GTi is integrated and more robust: especially the integrated wedge with its fine latitude and altitude adjustments, counterbalance shaft, etc.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 03-06-2022 at 11:20 AM.