View Single Post
Old 16-04-2020, 11:14 AM
PRejto (Peter)

What Do I Do? FW Problem....

So, I've created a problem and now I can't find an answer. The system shown was formerly mounted on my TEC180 which was on an MEII on a pier. For the next year or so that setup is no longer possible and the camera system is now on my TEC140 on an MX+ on a tripod. Clearly I can only get to the meridian with the giant SX FW (7 x 2" filters) with the filter wheel in 2 positions rendering the Gemini rotator moot. I have to say that even my MEII is pretty restricted with this huge wheel so I'd been eyeing the Optec IFW 2" wheel which has interchangeable carousels (without breaking down the system). Sadly it won't take mounted filters and I'd need to buy a new OAG to boot.

The only solutions I can think of are a pier extension (not available from Software Bisque for the Helium Tripod) or some sort of saddle extension the likes of which I've never seen before...or, a different FW similar to the Optec design. The thought of breaking down the system to change filters is extremely unappealing! Smaller 2" wheels only hold 4 filters....

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (FW TEC140.jpg)
186.8 KB83 views

Last edited by PRejto; 16-04-2020 at 02:49 PM.