View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 09:36 PM
dizzy2003 (Michael)

HEQ5-pro randomly stops tracking in eqmod and solution

For at least the last month I've had my HEQ5-Pro suddenly go from sidreal tracking to Not tracking, ruining many a night.
<using pc direct eqmod> edit WRONG TERM. should be EQ direct I have a direct USB to RJ45 via a dongle, no synscan controller in use.

Its kinda random and hard to reproduce, and seemed to only happen at night, and seemed to be associated with bad usb comms (using comms statistics)

It was also coupled with my capture laptop freezing every 30 seconds or so just for a second.

well I tried everything.

Some people solved this by stopping using a usb hub, I had none.

I changed power supply, I changed cables, I bought a new power supply, I tried various combinations of uncooled main camera, I bought new cables, no longer use guide cam, change power extension cables, I tried using a usb hub, I tried different usb ports.

In the end the fix was to untick Enable Mount Limits in eqmod.

This is documented a few places on the internet and one more might help someone else out.

I thought this cant be my problem, eqmod shows when it hits the limit and my limits are setup correctly and work, and also I like having the limits.

But in the end when I tried this solution all my issues went away.

Its weird and nonsensical and a bit worrying running without limits but its better than having endless shots ruined.

Mike.

Last edited by dizzy2003; 19-06-2021 at 12:22 AM.