View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 03:43 PM
AnakChan (Sean)

At a high level, it's actually not too difficult. One can probably start with this :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUCf3frKrBc

There's some few basic workflows for the Framing, etc. and thereafter pawn the details off to the Basic Sequencer. The Basic Sequencer is reasonably intuitive (more so than the Framing Wizard).

It's the Advanced Sequencer that starts to look daunting as it looks more like programming a schedule rather than planning a schedule. However I usually just "cheat" by starting with Basic Sequencer first, then have that converted into the Advanced Sequencer. Then within the Advanced Sequencer I start moving tasks about, adding new triggers/loops, splitting some tasks, etc.

I don't have a permanent setup, which means I have to carry my rig out for the evening & PA manually. But once that's done, I can head inside and just hit go on my plan. I check every now and then in between TV commercials before heading to bed.

In the morning if my scope is parked, it means the plan's gone well and all I do is to save the HFR history and other details of the night.

If I've got a few clear nights, I leave the scope out, tweak the routines a little, and hit play when evening comes. I don't even have to go out to check on the scope. It's pretty automated at this point.