Thread: Mount Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2019, 09:52 AM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logieberra View Post
You’re not alone. You have a friend, here: https://youtu.be/86X5w275Id4
Watched this vid a few weeks back. Clutch system looks cryptic, but like all gear - just need to get used to the new...
I've been following the discussions on CloudyNights and I also joined the Google Groups for the mount to track issues. Like almost all new systems there's issues to be sorted out, but from what I can see that's happening.

The G11 was my first mount and I feel if I can work through using it, I can probably handle anything else. After I get it setup in the dome I'm not sure how much I'll have to touch the clutch system anyway. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Congrats Chris, it's always exciting to get a new mount. I'm sure yours will serve you well. The CEM120EC2 looked to be getting a lot of attention in the US, but I have to say I haven't really followed it. Certainly good bang for buck if the specs are anything to go by.
Indeed. If it does live up to the specs (and so far it seems to be doing so), then it's going to be a disruptor in the market. It's got to get past the "new kid on the block" stigma first and of course the Made in China comments.

Last edited by h0ughy; 01-04-2019 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Removed to stop personal attack