View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 10:32 PM
legswilly (Werner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Here is my first attempt using the printed 50x50 screen on film on a glass plate and a repurposed kids wood project box and a light bulb , like the Bartels box. Rough but worked.

The next iteration was the LED in a tube and glass ronchi so the eye can be closer to the light source and a view looking through the screen above the light source . On the table with the mirror at centre of curvature in a black box , looking though the screen which is on an adjustable music stand in either case.

Very sensitive to exact position so the stand needs to be movable and adjustable.
This is great and I can see how it is working. I asked at Officeworks to photocopy the screen that I printed on paper, but it came out with a lot of moire. Forgot my USB drive with the file on it, but they said they can print it on their printer on transparencies. So I will go on Monday and get it done. Part of the copy of my file was OK and I cut a 0.5" strip and wanted to try it. Had too high a voltage on the krypton bulb and blew it. So I will get some LED bulbs, 33000 mcd. I dont know if it is bright enough. What is a Cree LED as opposed to a LED? It comes in 45000 mcd. Thank you for posting the photos, that is great.
Have cleaned up and started to grind again. The motor on the turntable is conking out more often now, overheating and I ordered a new one with a gearbox and a variable drive.
What resolution are the photos you posted?