View Single Post
Old 31-10-2023, 12:14 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Thanks Mike and that does look amazing!
I've been in contact with Josh and as soon as I have the finances I'm going to either order one or send my rear cell down to him. I can drill and tap the thing and have everything here to do it. Whether or not I do it accurately with my poor sight is however in question. I'm sure positioning centrally is crucial to the collimation of the scope as far as getting the focuser aligned with mirrors goes.

Quick question about your tilt adapter. I've read several threads on varying forums about this, I've often seen mention of it being on the rear of the extension rings but I've also frequently seen mention it is recommended the tilt adapter is fitted as close to the tube as possible and from memory that's stated by the tube manufacturer (I could be wrong on that point, little sleep and migraines make my brain mushy).
I notice you have yours sitting on an adapter or is that adapter necessary as an attachment between the rear cell/Josh's unit and the focuser?

The collimation process has me a little wary, I've seen so many horror stories I haven't been brave enough to even check mine.

Thanks!