strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelandscott View Post
Sounds promising!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Hello,

Noticed the stars were not twinkling away or the skies cloudy like they have been for the last 10 days. Had to be the case I was going out for the night...

Really nice to see your initial results got a good positive outcome, looks like the wind will help if it behaves and stays moderate to light.

Another box ticked!

(I saw My Ginnini was -3/1 for yesterday's forecasts, I was wondering about your weather.)

Steve
Honeysuckle creek has now been reopened (finally) and I'm thinking that will be my next night out, just for history of the site. The light pollution will be apparent, but I'm hoping for very open skies from the fires still. I have been waiting a couple of years now, between fires, the floods and covid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
It is really nice to hear it is all going good for you Mike. Keep your posts coming.
Alex
Thanks guys

It was quite surreal ...having my scope setup outside my own..?..well, kinda like a glamping AirB&B cabin really, sitting high on a ridge, under excellent skies, with not a light in sight (within 55km anyway )..bloody unreal I had a grin most of the night as I went in and out to grab a beer, sit in front of the fire, having snacks, watching TV..and observing (I mean Jupiter at bloody 750X ) in between...yep pinch pinch pinch... ..feeling very contented right now, the morning after, a frost on the ground, sitting in front of a ridiculous clear blue sky, crisp morning view, sharp all tbe way out to 82km, with that characteristic residual jet lag feeling, happy tiredness, from a great fun night of astro, sipping a freshly made brew with the fire still trickling along next to me...while watching Insiders on ABC live stream, getting primed to get out and potter around the 100 acres collecting firewood....is this in fact all real. ?

Mike