View Single Post
Old 19-04-2021, 07:52 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Thanks, now I am back in development mode. I spent as much time last night figuring out spacing to put the ASI2600 on so I can sell the ASI294. I am looking forward to seeing how that goes as a combination. The plan will be to have the ASI2600MC with it's guider and the 2600MM when it arrives set up to identical spacing so that I can flip the OSC and mono cameras between the two scopes at will. It could be really handy, put the mono on and spend time gathering a good luminance and any NB while I gather OSC data on the other scope, then swap cameras between scope and trade roles.
Paul,
The 2600MC is a great camera , an all round performer although I had a bit of fiddling around getting my coma corrector spacing right , eventually all it needed was an additional 1mm spacer ring. As far as subs go I rarely go beyond 3 minute mark , even with mag 10 galaxies
During the summer I captured 6 x 3 minute subs on M8 due to cloud and the amount of detail in the processed image was tremendous (using my 8” f5 newt )
I take darks but again rarely use them
l love this camera
Your going to be a happy Chappy using the 2600MC in your big imaging newt
Enjoy
Martin