View Single Post
Old 24-07-2009, 08:47 AM
rally

Chris,

I can appreciate your frustration - however . . .

I replied to your earlier posted complaint about the lens and made some suggestions and asked you to submit an image so that we could collectively look at it, by looking at the EXIF info and the image we would be able to determine if there were some basic problems.

However you chose not to do that but rather create a new post with a blanket statement that Sigma lenses are rubbish.

That is utter nonsense.

At no point have you actually described the problem with any particular image.

I along with many 1,000's of others own sigma lenses that perfrom superbly, I also many Pro lenses and lenses of varying IQ.
Some of the Sigmas are equal in many respects to my Pro lenses and some of them are not.
The price differences are enormous and a little research and evaluation will immediately determine which lenses are in which class.
Sigma along with all the major lens manufacturers produces different classes of lenses.

Whilst every lens maker has had examples of lenses that somehow made it through quality control when they shouldn't have and Sigma is no exception, the fact that the dealer has said your lens is not faulty seems to indicate to me that the issues you are describing are either an issue with your perception on how lens should work, lack of experience with this particular lens and lack of experience using lenses with these sorts of longer focal lengths.

If you have closed your eyes to these possibilities then you are quite likely to end up missing out on the photographic opportunities that this lens can provide you. If in fact it is a faulty lens, then you have missed out on the opportunity to more accurately identify its problems and resolve them.

I dont think bagging a lens manufacturer because you have a problem or perceived problem without justification or example is the best way to resolve your issue or the best use of the collective help this forum can provide you.

Rally