View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 08:12 PM
Cynicide (Anthony)

Looking to use my m4/3 camera with my telescope

Hi,

I've got a 10" Dobsonian Reflector that I've had for a few years and love. I've also got Panasonic m3/4 DMC-G7 that I've been using more often to do landscape photography. The other night I pointed it at Pleiades and got a nice night sky image after stacking some exposures up in Sequator. Naturally I wondered what I could do with the two pieces of equipment together.

I've done a bit of research and found that at the very least I need to start with a T-Ring. So I've ordered a Kowa T-Ring for Micro Four Thirds Mount from Ozscopes. From here it gets a little muddy for what I might need.

I understand the difference between Prime Focus and Eyepiece Projection and I'd like to have a go at both. I also understand without an EQ mount or a motorized mount I'm going to limited. Still I'd like to have a go at it. So onto my questions.

Do I need a T-Mount in addition to the above T-Ring? If so which one would suit? I had a look around on OzScopes and couldn't find one that I thought might suit.

Some sites suggest a Barlow is required when using a Reflector with an m4/3, I was wondering if this one would suit. It also says it has a camera mount does this also fullfil the role of a T-mount?

Is there anything else I need to at least use this camera in a prime focus configuration, and additionally in an Eyepiece Projection capacity?

Thanks!