View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 02:25 PM
gregbradley

Very good Ahmed.

The MWay shots are great. The one with the landscape seems a bit soft (focus a tad off?).

Next step for the MWay shots is to take several and stack them. That's the easiest way to get deeper and better colour and lower noise.

I often take 8 x 30 seconds ISO3200 F1.8 to F2.8.

Watch I2800 as you may end up with no colour in the stars as it will overexpose quickly.

A cheap tracker for the camera is a terrific accessory for this type of imaging. Although you can get great results using a 14mSamyang lens are 2.8 x 30 secs x ISO3200 and then make them into a mosaic.
say 3 up and 4 across would be plenty, overlap each panels by say 1/3rd to 1/2.

The Skywatcher Star Adventurer is a very popular tracker. A more upmarket one is the Fornax Lightrack 11 which uses a friction drive with almost no errors versus gears with their errors. But 14mm is very forgiving.

I use smartphone apps to polar align my tracker (a compass for true south and a digital inclinometer to get the right angle, same as your latitude).

8 x 30 seconds ISO3200 RAW LENR off, auto white balance, IBIS off (if your camera has it) . I use a 2 -5 second delay if I use the shutter but the EOSr has a touch screen activated shutter and I use that. A very light touch of the screen activates the exposure.

I use electronic first curtain shutter as well so no shutter shock.

Greg.