View Single Post
Old 25-07-2021, 07:37 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Leon I developed the "but" habbit when I was a kid and it drove my parents bats ...they were very particular that everything was perfect so it was quiet an affront...

Then there is the reply that answers "Yes , no, such and such"

As well as.....
I have said it a million times...I bet you haven't.

I hate exaggeration I have said that a billion times

I dont let things upset me or concern me as once they would. I found it is not worth it and as there are some seven billion people on the planet the odds are some wont think the same way you do and you just need to tolerate these folk who are clearly in the wrong.

The view I had to embrace for the sake of my sanity in respect to the English language was it is a form of communication and really so long as someone can communicate their meaning what else matters...I do find that folk who will use one word when a sentence is required tiresome because so often they do not effectively communicate what they intend to, and that can be time wasting as you need to ask for clarification and here dont make the mistake to say "pardon" as they will repeat their one word as if you failed to hear, so it is necessary to ask "what do you mean?"

I dont like it when folk mumble and talk fast in an unclear manner and when you ask "what did you say?" They accuse you of going deaf..I dont bother saying I have better hearing than my dogs ( well when they were alive and my hearing remains exceptional) but say I couldn't quiet hear over the background noise

AND so often folk say one thing and mean something very different to your understanding of the word so being conscious if how their words fit the context is helpful.
Alex