View Single Post
Old 14-08-2005, 10:46 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Hi David. That's very similar to the unit I used to take my first prime focus shots of the moon with my old film camera. It won't give you wider views. In fact it will do the opposite by increasing magnification and lenthening your focal length. It can work in a number of ways.

1. you can attach the ToUcam using the adapter and slot the whole lot in instead of an eyepiece.
2. you can use as 1. but insert it into a barlow, called negative projection
3. You can screw out the 1.25" adapter end of the projection tube, insert an eyepiece into the wide end slide it down to the bottom and secure it with the two screw and then screw the whole thing onto the T thread of your focuser. This is Extenal Eyepiece Projection

Works great, the one I have though you can extend the whole unit (it consists of two sleeves instead of on solid piece) which extends your FL considerably. You'll need to select your eyepiece carefully. I've found internal reflections can be a problem with shorter focal length eyepieces for some reason. Maybe just the particular eyepieces I've used. My most successful External Eyepiece Projection was done using an old Silvertop 20mm plossl. Fitted nice and snug in the tube. Some eyepieces may be too wide to fit down the tube.