View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 AM
PRejto (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMO View Post
Thanks for your time but I have been aware that Apogee will put any chip inside their models (didn't know FLI did).

I'm not going to spend the bucks on a STT-3200 or such like because basically because, I only have a 2" focuser and the flat plane of my reducer for the 'scope I want to put it on, only has a maximum diagonal of 17 mm. Being a SCT, I don't want to have to worry about guide scope deflection with a seperate guider either. It is not going on the old C14 I used to use, that had the "flopper stopper" mirror locks - the OTA I want this camera to be on, is my 12" LX-200 f/5 OTA Meade on a Losmandy mount.

Hasen.
Maybe I am missing the point, but have you considered the ImagingForesight ONAG? It seems to address the flexture issue and potentially would be easier to use than off axis guiding. Also with only a 17 mm usefull image size the ONAG should not vignette. If you are using a focal reducer, however, things get complicated....this is an issue I m trying to resolve. My scope is also an LX200 12" ACF, but it certainly is not f5. May I ask which FR you are using and how satisfied you are with it?

Thanks,

Peter