View Single Post
Old 23-02-2009, 01:18 PM
turbo_pascale (Rob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
I used an isoproyl alcohol mix, originally formulated by Dr Clay Sherrod in the US and sold by OPT in California. I used pure cotton swabs to gently clean the glass with the solution.

The Dr Clay solution is a mix of Distilled water, pure isoproyl alcohol, Photo-Flo and Windex.
I believe (I am willing to stand corrected), but you cannot get all the bits you need any longer as some of it is considered prohibited to ship. I was going to buy it a few years ago (via Scopestuff I think), but apparently it all got too hard as it was unclear what would and wouldn't be shipped. Check before you order as it might get all the way to customs and then get turned back. Mike I think may have been lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
You mention in your post the cleaning mixture you used, can you clarify whether you acquired the raw materials and mixed it up yourself or if you were able to source the cleaning mixture already mixed.
I am lead to believe when I enquired (again, I'll stand corrected), but the UHTC Cleaning solution that Bintel sells is made to the same formula.

I have a bottle of the stuff sitting on my shelf, unopened. I reviewed how dirty the corrector was, and then decided against it. I think it might be getting time though...

Turbo