Thread: Camera tilt..
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 02:23 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_2 View Post
I’m with you re the filter drawer seeming like it could fall out as the magnets don’t seem that strong. I use an elastic band around the filter drawer. I’m thinking of using one of those hair elastic bands because they’re chunky and easier to use. Hopefully my kids won’t miss one…

Interestingly I had a tilt problem at one stage and it turned out to be those thin spacers causing the tilt. I removed the spacers altogether and tightened the whole imaging train up a little more and the problem was solved. I didn’t need the spacers after all and they were causing the tilt. I felt very lucky to have had such an easy solution.
My tilt seems better but I have a few things to attend to before I work more on tilt..last night things seemed ok but I may have to file down that bit that is in the way and go for a rubber band ... good idea as prior I was using duct tape

That felt on the first attachment to the scope on the RASA has me thinking that it would best be gone as in a set up where they say "width of half a human hair tolerance" has me thinking it may be unstable...

alex