View Single Post
Old 20-08-2011, 05:09 PM
stevous67 (Steve M)

Not sure if you will see this post Paul; I'm wondering how your frosting issue is going?

For over 8 months I was using my STL11k, and then serious frosting developed. I recharged the desiccant, and the problem return immediately. Upon a second inspection, I found all retaining screws to the CCD housing were loose. Obviously the seal to the CCD chamber was not secure. This may have resulted from the vibrations from the AOL.

My friend Dave gave me 2 bags of silica gel to try. These are currently cooking in the oven. I've got a plastic tub with a sealable lid, and in one hour I'll take the bags and put these into the box with the STL leaving the CCD chamber open. These will stay sealed together over night, to the end of tomorrow. I'll cook the desiccant plug again tomorrow, putting everything back together then. As for the retaining screws, I'll be securing these at the end too, hoping this will help clear the moisture.

Going to Border Stargaze this next week, so I'm hoping big time for success, as the weather may in fact allow a few hours of imaging for a change.

Cheers,

Steve