View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskies View Post
Great photo, Greg. As a very happy Canon 5DmkII shooter who likes to make large prints, seeing the Nikon D800/D800E cameras has definitely made me go "hmmm".

The image quality of the 36 MP is certainly better than I'd expected. I had thought that the small pixels would mean a trade off with high noise levels / poor dynamic range, but the pics that I've seen so far don't seem to show this.

I'm too heavily invested in Canon lenses to make a switch, but if I were buying it all again I'd certainly be thinking...
High ISO performance is excellent as well. Up to ISO6400 is normally useful and I think it will hold to ISO12800 but I haven't done that yet. I have shot ISO6400 and it worked fine.

The sensor scored the highest score ever for the DXO testing site. Dyanmic range is superb especially in shadow areas where you can recover detail like it was exposed properly.

I can't fault it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman View Post
Good onya Greg!
Hope your having fun!
BTW I'm having trouble finding the waterfall hehehehe.........
Cheers
Bartman
Sorry the images were mislabelled and the waterfall image not even uploaded. I was in a hurry to go out being late etc.

Here it is here:

http://www.pbase.com/gregbradley/image/143125357

I used a variable ND filter to get the waterfall to blur. Nikor 24-70mm and about 3 seconds ISO 100.

Greg.