View Single Post
Old 30-05-2005, 06:07 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

I'm with Geoff, in laying the OTA on the floor - however I lay it on 2 of the foam cutouts that the scope was packed with the box. Stops it from rolling around.
I'd also urge caution in undoing some of the screws that hold the primary in, in that you don't strip the phillips head.. I had one screw that was tight and i've almost stripped the phillips head and it's getting harder and harder to remove that screw each time I take the primary out.

I've replaced it with a different screw for now, that doesn't quite fit the same but it's better than not being able to get the screw out at all

Quote:
When I look at a bright star with my 9mm and go out of focus I only get a big fuzzy dounut shape. Is this good or bad? anyone know because I sure as hell dont
Gazz, big fuzzy donut is fine, but it's the shape of the donut that matters. The dark patch in the middle of your donut is the shadow of your secondary mirror. Is it in the centre of your donut, or off to one side? When you go out of focus the other way, is it in the same spot?