Thread: magical photons
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2020, 11:29 AM
bgilbert (Barry gilbert)
barryg

G'day Ray

Thanks for your good wishes, I'll need them as a "flat earther" that I'm often accused of being?.
I should have alerted you earlier knowing that you are a physicist, you may wish to try your hand? I did not want to enter I thought there were too many crackpots submitting their pet theories, then I realized that was me! Also looking back at past entries I noticed some of my colleagues had entered and scored well. So at the last minute, one of my close colleagues who had just entered insisted that I give it a go, just after I submitted Paul Davies entered, that surprised me?
I have managed to get a good response from a heavy hitter who won the competition in 2017, he claims he's a heretic like me so that's encouraging. there is a lot of philosophy on the site, something I steer clear of these days. I dabbled in the History and Philosophy of Science a few years back and I'm still running on the fumes of that experience. The history of science appeals to me and particularly the interpretation of crucial experiments. If I make a couple of good contacts out of it, I'll be happy.

Cheers
Ray