View Single Post
Old 17-06-2021, 10:29 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
I am controlling my prostrate cancer, w by Hormone therapy, Lucrin injection once every 4 months, plus Cosudex tablets every day.

Suggest you should find a nearby Prostrate support group and go to their meeting if possible. And there are many other treatment options which support groups could help you advise about.

Many in our Tweed Heads SuppOrt group have found Hormone not so bad, but you loose Sex drive, grow man boobs, and caN LOOSE MUSCLE mASS IF YOU DONT EXCERCISE.
Surgery is absolutely not the only option & each should choose the option that suits them best... there is no 'correct' option, only what you feel is best for you....

I agree, you should try and find a local support group if you can.. in my case, my local group had shutdown due to Covid & also, the average age of those involved was significantly above mine... I believe it's really important to find someone in your age bracket, everyones journey, motivation to particular treatment options is different, as it should be but, finding someone in your age bracket means they are able to relate better to your situation... none of us should ever push a particular treatment option... it needs to be your choice...

As John states above, he chose hormone replacement & radiation therapy, that was the choice he felt was best for him...