View Single Post
Old 21-06-2022, 02:04 PM
bluesilver (Peter)

ZWO asi2600mc calibration setup advice?

Hi, First sorry for picking everyone brains with all my questions lately.
I am slowly getting the hand of this new camera, I would just like to make sure i am on the right track with the way i am working things out.

So camera is the asi2600mc, I am getting great guiding tracking and i am dithering on every 3rd image.
I have been taking 180 second exposures of NGC 3372 Keyhole Nebula.
I am getting weird sort of light exposure showing up when processing in Startools when i do the wipe function.
But i did have everything included at the time, ( Light, Flats, Flat Darks, Bias )

I have since found out that all i should be doing is adding Flats and Bias frames to the stacking program ( Deepsky Stacker)

I think i have narrowed it down, with a lot of help from on here, to the flat calibration frames that i have been taking.
I use APT flats aid to do all the calibration frames. ( Astro Photography Tool V4.01)

So basically my flat frames, If i set the ADU rage in APT to 20,000ADU , I can get the range in APT to show 8,000 to 32,000 ADU, but the exposure time is 0.263 seconds

I am thinking this is way too fast and could be causing some of the issue. should i be aiming for something like 2 second exposures in the same ADU rage for these flats?

The next question is:
In Deepsky Stacker, do i simply just add the light frames, flat frames, Bias frames, click on register, then after that, just click on stack registered images? ( there is a few more steps than that, i am just referring to the very basics )

Sorry again for all the brain picking i have been doing lately on here.
It is appreciated.
Regards.
Peter.