View Single Post
Old 27-05-2022, 04:55 PM
Dave882 (David)

Hi Jim-
As far as I’m aware the firmware can only be uploaded with a windows pc and SynScan update cable. While there might be a software workaround, I’d be really really hesitant to try alternate methods as the SynScan update can be quite dangerous if you use wrong cable/software. There is a very real danger of rendering the mount useless (I destroyed a GOTO dob by getting it wrong- so yes once bitten, twice shy). My strong recommendation is to leave the software as-is unless you need to do the update for some reason. If that’s the case, try to find a friend with a pc, and using the proper cable follow the online procedure closely.

I run my eq8 with the ASIAIR Pro. I use a usb cable from the bottom of the hc to the ASIAIR. You need to do a 2star align first and then it’ll connect fine. A few glitches here and there (weird home position and Couple other weird things) but nothing too bad. I think there is a way to connect mount direct to the ASIAIR but someone else may be able to advise on this.