Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 06:40 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

More than happy to give my view on the mount..well on anything at all really

If you order now it will be May before it arrives so I was told.

Yes the cheap one.. retail $8000 with tripod.

At first it will go in one corner on a tripod..
After that various options..stay with the tripod, put the EQ 8 on the pier that currently has the EQ6 and set up the EQ 6 on its tripod in the corner or cut open the floor and instal another pier...

I nearly went for the $12,000 one (if it was in the shop for sure no question...I think if you got a Celestron 11 inch galaxy hunter long FL you really want as good as possible...but I cant wait around...time is not necessarily on my side... If I were you I would go for the ,$12,000 one as from all I have read I can not see it not being somewhat exceptional...and after $12,000 your next stop could be $25,000 ... AND Martin dont worry about spending it ... One does not live forever ..as in my signature..you gotta go for it..Anyways order now if you can with only a small deposit..ask around what min deposit and expected arrival...nine months that is only x a week...

So the girls just got in..the genny for the observatory will have a home at the house...I miss out..but the solar panels and batteries are so good I cant see needing one..So they call at the genny shop and ask questions..told it will be 4 months before they get any stock..damn..damn..damn..But hold on he says we ordered three gennys for the council and they are too small..hang on I will bring one out...you would not believe it but it was the exact one we had decided upon..13 lt tank and four year warranty..so she put on a deposit..why didn't you buy it..she said... I had spent so much money I didn't think the card would take it...but it would have ...so its all happening... pick it up this week I hope... plus I found an auxiliary 11 lt tank on the net ..I may buy two and make genny filling less of a pain.

Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 11-10-2021 at 07:36 PM.