View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 02:15 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCosmos View Post
Looks that way. I have certainly done everything possible to make it as portable as possible. The only real limitation is those sites where I can’t drive the trailer onto the observing spot. I’d be keen to go to say Moogerah. I have this feeling though, from the one and only time I have been there (with the much more manoeuvrable 16”), that I had to park on the road and wheel the rocker box quite a way to the grassy area. That would be much more difficult, potentially not even possible with the 28”. Does anyone who has been there know?

Chris

I recall Moogerah as being a bit painful to lug stuff around from the carpark to the observing area on the lower observing area due to the bollards, and that's just getting stuff out of the back of a ute. A vehicle with a substantial trailer trying to back up is going to block the driveway access around the carpark (from memory) and be orders of magnitude more annoying. Less accessible from a regular permission/star party perspective, but much more easily accessible in terms of setting up a large scope, is Watt's Bridge Airfield, where you may have already been. Basically park where you want and set up right next to your vehicle.