View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 08:22 PM
bgilbert (Barry gilbert)
barryg

G'day Alex.
It's a good point you make, it troubled Newton to such an extent that he apologized to future generations for leaving them with the awful legacy of action at a distance without a medium. I prefer to struggle with Newtons action at a distance rather than the absurd paradox's that result from Einsteins little "wave packet". How do you explain G. I. Taylor's 1909 experiment with photons. His experiment claims to have taken 3 months to expose the film because the photons were so well spaced or feeble as to guarantee only one photon passed the needle at time. A magnetic field seems to act at a distance without a medium, so does gravity, do you suggest we need gravity particles or magnetic particles? The impedance of free space is 377 Ohms, why? It is somewhat of a mystery that light particles don't help explain. The fact that the repulsive force of Coulomb charges prevent you from falling through the floor is not helped by particles of light! Or any other particles. Where does the energy come from to support these force type particles? Do gravity particles push or pull? All the identified massive particles are 99.999% empty space, the concept of solid matter is anthropomorphic. It seems to indicate we have fields, mass and inertia and we don't understand any of it, but we can measure, observe and manipulate it to some extent.

Just my observations?
Barry