View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 08:49 AM
Ls1980 (Lourens)

Talking Skywatcher Heritage 130 extras

Hi all,

Recently bought my first telescope - a Skywatcher Heritage 130 - and I am enjoying it immensely. I know it is small, but I wanted to make sure I love the hobby as much as I thought. Plus if I upgrade, this little scope will become my travel scope.

I would appreciate some assistance however. I am looking for some accessories. Perhaps some better quality eyepieces, a barlow and anything else someone can suggest. I recently got a laser collimator and a barlow. The barlow does not work unfortunately as I cannot get anything to focus - even in daylight. Luckily it was a cheap one.

I have done a lot of searches on Amazon and have shortlisted a few, but I am nervous to spend money only to find it does not work with the scope - or is subpar. Suggestions on most forums I find are mostly for eyepieces and stuff that has to be shipped from the US and I would prefer to buy local.

Currently looking at a SVBONY 40mm 1.25" Plossl and a SVBONY Eyepiece 1.25 inch 4mm Plossl to start with. Also looking to get SVBONY Fully Mutil Coated 1.25 Set 66 Degree Ultra Wide Angle HD (6mm 9mm 15mm 20mm) later to upgrade the current eyepieces.

I would love some suggestions from people with similar scopes on what to buy to enhance my viewing experience. I am also interested in getting a eyepiece with a bit more power than the 10 I have on the scope. Would love to see Saturn and Jupiter a bit bigger than the tiny dot I see at the moment.

Thanks in advance.