View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Gama

First, to Terry, in regards to Q.E, how one person tests Q.E (Including me) and what the Q.E specs from the manufacturer are different, unless they are tested correctly. The Sony CCD line have much better Q.E than Canons Cmos, i cannot be definite with the 5D or up models as i and any other person dont have any specs to their Q.E's.

Second, what does the Hot filter have to do with a Dark frame ?, cause you have the lid ON taking no light...I guess you just werent thinking at the time..
Third, Christian Buil's Q.E results are "Relative" values, and NOT absolute, even though the D70 is nearly 3 times higher in Q.E in his report, its not a true indication of the Cmos sensors actual range.
Fourth, i have taken a dark with NR ON for 30 secs and you can see its not as right shifted, in turn the image is darker. I have also attached a copy of the Image from the Starlight Xpress homepage that did the same test as me, except longer exposure and i didnt strech, comparing the KAI2000 CCD over the Sony ICX285 (SXV-H9) for Noise. Same Test, without streching !

Now for Bert, ive read it Bert, mainly headache reading, but really not too helpfull here. Some of the data is assumed (Indicated by ?), which is why i didnt take too much on board with it, and some specs are out, the Full well capacity for the D70 is actually a little worse than documented, and some others estimated.

Secondly, THE D200 AINT IN THERE, hehe, a shame really, he could have done most of the work for me. Still, you really need to test it yourselves.

But Bert, i really would like to see some histograms and pics please. I would like too see just how well it does actually perform. Remember to stay under 1600 ISO, as over this the 5D is leathal.
I came so close to buying one, in fact i bidded on it on ebay, but lost the bid. Then i read about the D200 which is over $1500 cheaper, so i thought i'll test it before i waste my money on a camera no ones tested or poduced any images worth posting.
Thus my position here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (canon 30sec dark.jpg)
142.3 KB54 views
Click for full-size image (Darkframecomparison.jpg)
121.6 KB82 views

Last edited by Gama; 04-05-2006 at 02:51 AM.