View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Gama

Well, you dont know anything about Nikon ?, Im glad to point you to look at what a D70 can do. 5DH images look good, the D70 look as good if not better ..Oh i opened a can of worms !!.
http://www.pbase.com/terrylovejoy/erwins_images .
Again i use the late Erwins images, and very sad he's no longer with us. Because this man had a great passion for his hobby and mainly used a D70. His images have made it to proffesional levels with some of his images posted thru out the proffesional Astronomy communities and papers.
In any case these images are with a MODIFIED Nikon D70. The same sensor as the SXV-M25.
So Bert, stand up and take notice.

But seriously, it doesnt make a hoot in hell what camera does what. In the end its what we can afford and end up using time and time again.
Sure, its good to post a modified version, but then compare it to another modified version.. 5DH is drool material, but wait till i rip the filter of my forthcomming D200, i'll then do another comparison against itself.
Im more than confidant it should do better than the 5DH, but im not making any bets, yet...
Its unfortunate i dont have a 5D or a 5DH to test, i'd really like to see the specs on the Cmos chip inside the 5D, especially its Q.E., and noise level.

Either way, this post was not about Holden Vs Ford, and so i'd like to keep it like that. Cause then we'll have someone with the 6303 or a even better a back illuminated sensor camera throwing their 2 cents in too.
Most good DSLR can take excellent images, as long as you give it enough exposure and software enhance the end result.
Actually could you please do a 330 sec dark (With lens cap on) and take one with NR off and one with NR on and post the images as well as the histogram (Before editing, RAW). I'd like to see the results..