View Single Post
Old 14-09-2013, 10:08 AM
alistairsam

hi,

thanks for the suggestions.
The 694 chip looks good but I think is a bit too small and the FOV would be rather limited with the 10inch F4.

I've been looking at various options including sbig but before I narrow down, can anyone tell me about import duty? if I buy from teleskop express or sbig direct or optcorp, what sort of duty would i have to pay? assuming they ship here.

the Atik 490ex and SX-814 with the sony 814 chip looks pretty good, the atik is significantly cheaper with the aus dealers. however the sx-814 is US$3,200 at optcorp. not sure if they ship direct and even if they do, not sure about import duty.

The SBIG STF-8300M shows as US$1995 at sbig. anyone bought direct from sbig? any advice on other charges when landed here, that is assuming they ship direct to aus.

the SX filter wheel wth a 7 position 36mm wheel seems ideal.
but anyone used the mini filter wheel which also has a 7 position 36mm wheel but comes with an OAG?

I already have the TS9OAG and will be getting a lodestar.

the Moravian G2-4000 seemed good until I noticed the Ha response, it was below 40%.

is the sony HAD2 technology as good as what they say? they've lowered the microlens layer to increase pixel aperture.

i prefer to get an external filter wheel because I will be using my mono 600D as well for LRGB. It has a decent chip size and has a decent resolution.

Cheers
Alistair