View Single Post
Old 13-09-2013, 06:08 PM
alistairsam

deciding on a mono ccd

Hi,

I know this topic has been done to death here and there are several options, but after a year of experimenting with my 10inch F4 and a one shot colour, I've decided I need to go down the mono path and am looking for suggestions on what would suit a 10inch F4 in terms of illuminating the chip and providing good resolution.

My primary targets would be nebulae in narrowband and RGB or HaRGB, but I would want to image galaxies as well and be able to resolve details.

The area which I'm not clear about is the fully illuminated circle. Do I just use what newt provides and look for a sensor size that matches?
is it worth going below 4.5micron pixels? there are a few models like SXVR-H814 that have 3.69 micron pixels. would that be sampling over seeing limits?
Is there a chip than the KAF-8300 that has better dynamic range and decent well depth?
I'd like to keep it under $4k. I was hoping to use a 7 position filter wheel as well.
I love the QSI range, but they go over my budget very easily and they all use the KAF-8300 chip.
Is the qhy9 the only decent option for this budget?

Thanks
Alistair