View Single Post
Old 17-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Splurk (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post

And last night I was averaging about 0.5-0.6 with guiding. Happy with that!! This mount is awesome.
I have had my EQ6R Pro since December 2020 and have been happy with it. I have a Sky Rover 130mm Sextuplet on mine with 294mm and filter wheel and it guides very well. See the attached.
I had very good polar alignment for a while and while selecting a guide star I just let it track without guiding and the star mostly stayed in the window, within the oval, and this is likely the periodic error as it speeds up and then slows down on each cycle. So I have run pec training which sometimes helps while other times it doesnt seem to, but every time I try ppec the mount screws up. With guiding on it squeals until it comes to a stop. I updated the motor controller drivers to v3.13 and went again and now the board is bricked. Apparently I am not the only one this has happened to so be careful. Pec seems ok but not PPEC.
Replacement board is on the way so I hope that fixes it but I wont use PEC or PPEC with this mount again thats for sure. If this becomes a second mount in future I would love to strip it down and rebuild it with better bearings etc but I wont be touching it while its my only one
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (PHD2 Guiding.jpg)
163.8 KB34 views