View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 07:01 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Hi Mike & Marc, no conspiracies there - here's how the IOTD three tiered system works...

1) Submissions
20 or so submitters get a random selection of images delivered to them in a queue each day, from which they can nominate up to three images for review. (If they don't believe any are worthy they don't have to nominate all three.) If three or more submitters independently vote for the same image it then appears in the reviewers queue and gets a Bronze star.

2) Reviews
A dozen reviewers independently work through their daily submitted queues, and again can nominate two or three images for judging. Again if three reviewers select the same ige it goes into the judges queue, and gets a silver star.

3) Judging
8 Judges can independently select up to two images per week from their queues, and no more that two in a day. IOTD's get a gold star.
Judges cannot select their own work!

The team is made up of Astrophotographer all over the world, and to my knowledge, none of us have ever physically met one another! So no bias exists.

Frankly, I was surprised (and delighted) to get this far, probably shoulda bunged it in the Malins...

Thanks Col - I was happy with this result! (at last, after a few failed attempts)

so far on Astrobin 3 bronze 3 silver, Where's my gold???

Last edited by Nikolas; 08-06-2021 at 09:02 PM.