View Single Post
Old 16-01-2006, 06:18 AM
davidpretorius
lots of eyes on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
Looking great!

1. Why are you getting fringing? What type of fringing are you talking about? Yuo have a reflector not a refractor??
2. Why are you shooting at 320x240 instead of 640x480?

Your preview shot looks very nice, can't wait to see the results of your night.
  1. I have noticed a trend in my jupiters of where the bands meet the edge of the planet, the shape is wierd and also as the day was getting lighter, i noticed the image on the screen there seemed to be a ring around then 10% outer edge of the planet all the way around. I have been putting down the poor stacked results to seeing, but as I have been making sure temps are within 1.5 degrees. The seeing was great tonight say 7/10, so there must be something else. I have video from raw format, 320 x 240 and 640 x 480. The only way i can describe it was it seemed similiar to rob and asimov's mars discussions re fringing, so i thought i would throw the hartman mask on to see what would happen and straight away the image on the screen improved???
  2. 320x240 to be able to get a quick result whilst taking the next video, i can stack that quicker. also, if the 640 x 480 look crap, then i can process the sized down ones!
lots of post imaging work ahead of me!