View Single Post
Old 21-01-2012, 05:25 PM
PeterM

Thank you all.
As Greg notes I imaged IC1810 last night (3rd image of the night) and got very excited when I spotted a new object and then several minutes later got a bit deflated when it came through as being discovered by The Catalina Real Time Sky Survey.
Looking at my scope and gear under a beautiful sky I quickly came to my senses thinking crap I haven't spent all this money for nothing so I had better do something with it. About a dozen or so images later I find an absolute beauty.
I would like to thank Morm n Dard and all those in the academy....oops sleep deprivation thought I was at the Oscars. Seriously, the BOSS team really work so well together and when the adrenalin rush sets in and you don't know which part of the computer to click on next then Bockie and Colin take over the astrometry and photometry reporting etc it really makes it all a breeze.
Stu's successes are something we all aspire to. Top it off we are all great mates as well.
Thanks guys you and our associates around Oz are a great bunch!
We have received word from 2 major observatories and things are looking very good.
As I predicted my friend Terry finds a comet and soon after I find my next SN!

Peter

Last edited by PeterM; 21-01-2012 at 09:57 PM.