View Single Post
Old 24-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Bloodbean (Troy)

Hi again Matt,

Quick story for you... at work today a coworker brought in his brand new 40D. Had a quick look and it looked just the same as mine as you'd expect. However his firmware was showing as 1.1.0 whereas mine is at 1.08. I quickly raced back to my desk and jumped on the Canon site to see what the new firmware was about only to find no 1.1.0 firmware available. So after a bit of googling around I found that the 1.1.0 firmware is not yet available to the public but is available at the Canon service centers.

I managed to track down a copy of the 1.1.0 firmware (not sure if I'm allowed to link to it here) and load it up on my 40D. First (and only) thing I've noticed is the rear LCD is much sharper than before when reviewing pictures that I've taken! I still haven't found an official list of changes but I'd imagine it supports some of the new Canon lenses that have just been released as well. From what I've read Canon usually does this with their firmware releases although it sounds odd a brand new one off the shelf had the latest unreleased firmware.

Hope this helps in some way..

Troy