View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 02:05 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm_astro View Post
These issues were incredibly frustrating. I had a feeling it would be as simple as changing a setting, but which one? After what felt like hundreds of iterations of checking/unchecking things I got there.

One thing that may give the mount limit thing away is to watch the RA/DEC screen in EQMOD as the mount is tracking. Mine would flash a horizon message for a split second and then stop tracking. Also, PHD cannot calibrate once this occurs. It took a long time to see this happening, if you are not staring at it, you'll miss it. This sent me down the correct path of identifying a limit problem.

John
I found the solution to my mount limit issue on Cloudy Nights on a few posts
Funny thing though , back in 2017 I was using mount limits in EQMOD when I was using Stellarium Scope ( 3rd part driver for Stellarium) and had no issue at all , the scope would track just past the meridian and then return to home position. I must admit Stellarium Scope was very unstable.As soon as I ditched Stellarium Scope in favour of the new recommended Ascom supported Stellarium in early 2020 , I started having intermittent issues
So far touch wood it’s been flawless for nearly 2 years
Martin