View Single Post
Old 27-12-2021, 04:49 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesilver View Post
I am not expert by any means and this could be incorrect,
But looking at those images, it appears that phd2 is sending quiet a lot of guiding commands to the mount, now this may be normal for this mount, i am not sure, but generally on mine AZ/EQ6 i don't get any where near this many command signals.

May be worth while setting up a brand new profile in phd2 to see if that helps,
Also possibly that the mount is binding, as if the backlash is too tight.
A tad odd having two faults though.
Just try one thing at a time though otherwise it will be hard to find out what the culprit was.
Peter,
Good pick up ( I didn’t open all the photos to be honest ) yes the mount appears to be sticking and PHD2 is sending guide pulses with no responding reverse movement in either Ra or Dec.
Another item I noticed was the guide camera gain is only 48 , it should be up to 95.
The Ra and Dec movement should be checked for stiction and binding with all the payload on board. I use the hand controller to rotate the mounts Ra at least 180 degrees and Dec 360 degrees, standing close using the handcontroller allows you to hear the whining sound of the motors and ensure there’s no binding sound. The Mount should also be checked for Ra and Dec balance. A badly balanced mount can upset PHD2 as well

Also redoing the calibration steps in PHD2 using the wizard calculator would be advisable

Cheers
Martin