View Single Post
Old 08-03-2024, 01:56 PM
Satchmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseous View Post
I've literally never stacked an image in my life. It's been 4 months since I had my 20" dob out in dark skies, and this weekend looks like being a write-off too, so getting something simple for a quick astronomy fix in the back yard is very appealing. Thanks again.

Yes same here . I haven't had a decent viewing session with my 16"for months , but I've had fun with the S50 just from the back balcony -often just getting 30 minutes through sucker holes ion the cloud.

Have a look at some vids on its use on Youtube .

At the very minimum level of use , you can just start accumulating the image in live mode , adjust contrast , brightness , and saturation on the fly , and when you stop the image you see is saved to your phone or tablet .

You don't have to worry about what is saved on the Seestar , you can delete all the sub frames when the memory is full .

The Seestar basically contains an ZWO ASI AIR imaging computer so anyone whos used one would feel right at home ! And for the imaging geeks , it has a good O111 / Ha 20nm bandpass Duo band filter that enables you to image nebula in the city or with the Moon out available at the touch of a button .