View Single Post
Old 31-05-2020, 04:46 PM
gregbradley

FSQ106N has different colour characteristics compared with FSQ106ED which can be a bit greenish.

Fluorite scopes tend to be more colourful. I had an FSQ106EDXiii and sold it and got a TEC110 F5.6 fluorite triplet and straight away noticed the improved colour it produced using the same cameras.

My current 105mm F6 CFF seems fine with colours as well although I haven't used it that much. But it seems to produce nice colourful images. Its an FPL55 oiled triplet.

So yes I think there are slight differences between scopes in colour transmission due to coatings and lens materials also baffling and the type of paint they may use inside the tube.

A TEC180 fluorite oil spaced triplet was quite colourful, an AP140 was less so, FPL53 oil spaced triplet.

So anything with a fluorite triplet I would rate as likely to be best at colour transmission. Even an FS152 fluorite doublet let through nice colour but it also was really semi APO with some blue rings around brighter stars due to blue being a bit out of focus as its not a true APO.

Those differences would fade away if you mainly do narrowband though.

Greg.