View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 02:01 PM
knightrider
Unregistered User

Coma Corrector Setup Q for Visual Use

Hi Team,

I'm planning on getting a CC for my f4.7 10" SW dob for visual use. Looking at the GSO one for budgets sake, but I believe the setup concept is the same regardless of brand.

I need to clarify my assumptions before I buy one. I've read through half of the CloudyNights thread on the setup for it. And the basic setup procedure is to use a spacer between the CC element and the focus point of whatever EP you use, which is apparently 75mm..ish for the GSO unit.

My plan was to ditch the packaged extension tube. Use my existing 50mm in height 2"/1.25" EP adapter + 25mm spacer + CC Element. Which will net me 75mm to the top shoulder of the EP adapter. I wanted set the 75mm from CC to the top of the EP adapter and use the focuser to achieve focus like normal.

However, the discussion seems to be talking a lot about then parfocalising all the EP's, which is something I wasn't planning on doing.

SO.... Does that mean, proper setup is to have the CC static in the focuser drawtube, then setting up each individual EP to it's focus point in relation to the CC? Essentially locking off the focuser and not even using it at all for focus adjustments?

I look forward to your thoughts