View Single Post
Old 25-02-2013, 11:41 AM
SkyViking (Rolf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaa_ian View Post
Great animation Rolf. I took the time to check out your website. Looks great ! I particularly enjoyed your space art
Thank you Ian, and thanks for loooking It's been quite a while since I' did any space art, but I'd love to get back into it - if I could only find the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenM View Post
Lovely image Rolf, and a great animation! Really shows how fast the comet is moving.

Cheers,
Stephen
Thanks Stephen, I'm glad you liked the animation. I'm working on another animation at the moment (not of the comet though). Still not finished so I'll have ot wait and see how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoraes View Post
Thanks for your clue to process with two images. One aligned by stars and other by comet. I worked with DSS and I was successful.
It seems to be better than the automatic processing (simultaneous alignment of stars and comet) done by DSS.

Every day is day to learn something more !
Thank you Jorge, good to hear you found it useful. It's always fun to try out new processing techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskies View Post
That's amazing, Rolf! Still the favourite of all the Lemmon images I've seen posted so far.
Thank you Dave, I'm glad I was able to tease out the tail at such an early stage. Lately the comet has become a lot brighter and there are some really spectacular images around now, it's been great to follow everyone's endeavours so far.