Thread: Cannon 5D Mk2
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2010, 08:29 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
That seems quite pricey. What lens is it coming with? I assume the 24-105mm f/4L IS USM?

You will have no problem with the TOA-130 illuminating the full 35mm frame (especially if it has the 4" focuser). Not so sure about the LX200R unless it has a large focuser to cast an imaging circle big enough to illuminate the full frame.

H
Not true unless you know of someone who specifically uses a TOA130/ 5D combo and 2.7 inch focuser. You will have a problem with a 35mm sized sensor and a Tak unless it has a 4 inch focuser. I have not used a TOA but had an FS152 with a 2.7 inch focuser. I tried various items including the TOA35 flattener but they all badly vignetted and had horrible coma at the edges using an SBIG STL11 which is 35mm sized. I doubt the TOA is any different the main difference being it is an air spaced triplet versus a doublet.

Its gotta be 4 inch Tak focuser for large chip work or you will end up cropping 1/3rd of the image away. You will also need the field flattener for it as well and they are expensive in the 4 inch range. I got a 4 inch FS152 reducer 2nd hand for about US$600 and one of the last 4 inch FS152 flatteners for US$900 and that was cheap. A Tak super reducer is US$2000 or so. The Tak 67 flattener is cheaper but not sure of price but its gonna be over AUD$1000 easily. So keep that in mind.

APS sized sensors are fine with 2.7 inch focuser and reducers/flatteners and are considerably cheaper.

I am also in the market in the near future for a 5D Mk11. Ebay has them for AUD$2650. But that is not an Australian Warranty.

Greg.