View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 11:33 PM
foc (Ross)

Hi Markus,

C8 images are still pretty small so if you can 1.5x drizzle and get them larger they can look nicer to more folks! Should you drizzle? It is not worth it if the seeing is bad, in fact if it is bad often it will look better if you reduce the the image. But if the seeing is better then you often appear to get a result with a nicer texture, possibly because you can fine tune the image to noise a little better. Here it was probably just good enough to justify a small amount of drizzle in processing, at least in my non-expert hands. If the data looked really good, then use a 3x Drizzle and then perhaps scale the image down a bit.

At the moment getting clearish skies and then good seeing has been the challenge, I have been spending more time doing crude widefield DSO imaging in the last few months to help fill up the yearly astrobook with the EVO sitting waiting for reaiity and meteoblue to coincide with some good seeing. In poor conditions one can also do some stuff with IR or in this case with my attached image for June a CH4 filter showing Europa in transit and on the LHS the GRS and obviously best left in the reduced size it captures in.

As always I am expecting that good seeing will be soon

And thanks to everyone who liked my images, and as well as some excellent planet contributions by others, I am always very impressed with the high standard of DSO and solar imaging here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (2021-06-05-1809_6-U-CH4-Jup_l6_ap62a (1).jpg)
80.2 KB14 views

Last edited by foc; 16-06-2021 at 01:05 AM. Reason: to mention 3x drizzle