View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 01:22 PM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
G'day Adam

The large version looks very impressive, it is such a beautiful area with the reflection and emission nebula, dark dust lanes and a glob or 3 to boot. The combination of the lens and camera give a great field of view.
Hi Jeff

Thanks very much. Indeed there's so much going on here, one could spend months picking out cool areas to focus on. Definitely a favourite part of the sky for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickoid View Post
Superb Adam, looks like you may have posted it in the wrong section of the forum . Love the framing and thinking outside the box in using gear to capture this widefield in the one frame. Colours are good, sharpness and detail is all there, well done!
Ha, cheers Michael. Not going into that part of the forum for a while. Still a beginner and know exactly where my images are failing, I don't need to be reminded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Adam,
Fantastic wide field image of a region full of interesting celestial treats
I agree , should have been posted in Deep Space section
Well done !!!
Sometimes imaging at 1000mm or longer can be frustrating when seeing and transparency are poor ( captured 2 nights ( 4 hours worth ) on the Lobster Nebula where conditions were poor and didn’t even bother to finish processing the data as the image was horrible, no fine detail , noisy and bloated stars etc....)
Maybe I should get a wide field set up as a back up ( interchange ) You can certainly get away with more using a wide field rig and still produce a great image like yours ......
Cheers
Martin
HI Martin

Yes, widefield is a lot of fun. Definitely less demanding, but funnily enough, harder to balance in my opinion. I had some strange RA errors that I put down to bad balancing (fixed during the night). That said, sometimes it's great to see context, which tells a story. I want to reshoot this target and capture more of the mily-way proper, so perhaps two shot vertical panorama next time to include the galaxy. You can do the same with long focal length gear but boy it'd take you a while

Plus, coming from terrestrial photography, I've built up a collection of Canon lenses, so it seems a waste to not put them to use for wide astro work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth10 View Post
Adam,
Very captivating image- really enjoy the vast expanses of space and the colour from this region is a real eye catcher. I am impressed with the capture and the chance to see the scale between the two areas-
Thanks for sharing.
Anth
Hi Anth. Thanks very much. Yes, scale and context was the goal here, so I'm really pleased that came through for you