Old 04-07-2022, 07:58 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Alex,
Nice work on the Prawn
Some good detail for shorts subs
I’d really like to see that Gain drop down a bit ( you realise the read noise at Gain 350 is no better than Gain 100 and at Gain 350 dynamic range is only 4 stops compared to Gain 100 at 13.5 stops. Also Full well at Gain 350 is only 1000e whereas Gain 100 is 15,000e , the max full well on these unbelievable cameras is 50,000e
Under those beautiful Bortle 3 skies ( only my opinion) but I reckon you should try Gain 100 as a minimum ( 30 sec subs to 90 sec subs ) Gain 0 from 2 minutes and above , even at f2.2
If it ends too bright in the stretch , Startools can easily remedy DR
Anyway just my 2 cents ….

Your hardly got to foot on the pedal , she’s just idling

Your making good progress with that RASA

Well done !!

Martin
Thanks Martin with both the Prawn and The Dragons I started with high gain so new data a while back so I kept that way..and frankly given the results to date I really did not expect for anything to come from either the latest Prawn of Dragon as both were done in the course of testing and doing other stuff..plus the short time the clouds give me it has been a case of testing mainly.

I guess I like seeing images while imaging and high gain does that..anyways the first night I get decent seeing I will do it all the right way.

I still have not sortted many things as my new health issues intrude into my ability to do some things...I am getting radiation soon although they are not hopeful..The flats are next but so far they are not working even with tshirts, histograms and patience...it is taking longer than I expected but I will get there..or die trying

I bought a nice guide scope for the RASA and a little mono camera so I will have longer exposures available...and the asiair plus is on its way...chip chip...timber..

alex